The story begins almost one hundred years ago...
1923 - 1944
The land is acquired piecemeal over time by Bartholomew Frederick from Whitborn Webster, Mary Stewart and Phillipina Bodden, creating a 34-acre parcel in North Side.
On 19th August 1959 Bartholomew Frederick dies, and his land is inherited by his son Patrick Frederick. The site is used for grazing cows and growing a few basic crops.
The 34 acres are acquired from Patrick Frederick by Edna and Robert Moyle to create a country plantation style estate for the family to live in.
The Moyles hire John Doak, a local architect, to design three buildings on the site: one plantation style, two-storey main house and two cottages on either side.
The Moyles plan to develop the property further into a local plantation with fruit trees and welcome visitors who would take tours and learn about local produce.
The property is sold to RV5 Trust Ltd owned by Rogelio Dio who refashions the style of the house. He remains here until his death, after which the property falls into disrepair.
THE BIG HOUSE IN 1997
On 8th March 2017 Mr. Granger Haugh, along with Mr. Frank Volinsky and others, registers a non-profit organization to help people in recovery from substance abuse begin rebuilding their lives. It is named The Beacon of Hope Cayman Foundation Ltd.
Then, in April 2017, the 34 acre parcel at 1531 Frank Sound Road, North Side is acquired by The Haugh Foundation and the site becomes the home of The Beacon of Hope Cayman Foundation Ltd. The property is restored to its current condition.