Through our internal donor database, we collect and store personal information provided to us, including physical addresses and email addresses. We do not share, distribute or sell any personal information to third parties. We use personal information internally, to manage our donor database. We may collect and utilise your personal data for the purposes of complying with our statutory obligations under the Cayman Islands anti-money laundering laws, regulations and applicable guidance ("AML Laws").
We recognize the risks associated with the possession and processing of your personal data and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
Specifically, we note that:
• Email Addresses: All email addresses are used for the sole purpose of a donor database, including organizational updates, and our quarterly electronic newsletter. You may unsubscribe to our data base at any time by visiting the “Contact Us” tab at and clicking on “Unsubscribe.”
• Mailing Addresses: All physical addresses are kept internally for the sole purpose of shipping and the mailing of paper quarterly newsletters, if requested by donor. We DO NOT share, sell or distribute our mailing address list with anyone, ever.
• Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. Its purpose is to remember information about you, like a preference file created by a software application.
• Financial Data Security: All financial information obtained via our secure payment portals is private. Financial information is transmitted directly to a secure card processor.
• Analytics: Beacon Farms collects website data through Google Analytics to track the location and number of visitors to our website.
• Photographs: From time to time, Beacon Farms staff takes photographs and/or video during public events. Photos and video taken may be selected for distribution via our website, social media, or other means. If you are included in a photograph or video and would prefer that it not be distributed, please contact us at and we will do our best to remove it from circulation.
• Liability Limitations: Beacon Farms maintains its website to the best of its ability. This site may contain inaccuracies and/or errors. Information on this site may be changed or updated without notice. Beacon Farms may make improvements or changes in products or content on this site without notice.
You have certain rights pursuant to this policy as follows:
• the right to access your personal data in a machine-readable form;
• the right to review and require corrections to be made to your personal data (please notify us promptly if your personal data is incomplete, incorrect or out of date);
• the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
• the right to, at any time, withdraw any consent given in relation to the processing of your personal data;
• the right to receive information regarding any of the entities to which we disclose your personal data (if applicable);
• the right to receive your personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format;
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we consider such processing to be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests;
• the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
• the right to transfer your personal data to another controller, including to instruct us to transfer your personal data to another controller directly;
• the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing; and
• the right to be forgotten (i.e. the right to have your personal data erased) (this will need to be weighed against our statutory obligation to retain your personal data, which statutory obligation will generally override your right to have your personal data erased).
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will continue to be transparent about the personal data which we collect from you and about what we will do with your personal data. Your personal data will be processed lawfully and fairly.
Provided that we will only use your personal data for the specific purposes set out above, we are of the view that we will not be required to obtain your consent to do so on the basis that: (i) the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our obligations to you; and/or (ii) the processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
We may be legally obligated to, without your knowledge or consent, disclose your personal data (including, but not limited to, to government bodies, regulators or other authorities in or outside of the European Union).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties such as: (i) law firms and courts to enforce or apply any contract/agreement with you or any term of our terms of engagement; and (ii) third party service providers (including third party service providers not located in the European Union or the Cayman Islands) where necessary or appropriate to efficiently administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We apply appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access by third parties, computer corruption, accidental loss or destruction and unauthorized disclosure.
© Copyright 2019